spent the day in the grass,
and you were out there, only way out
so far I couldn't see you by the water
only you could see me laying in the leaves, throwing the crispy brown ones over my eyes.
Maybe I wasn't satisfied, or maybe you were mad,
but I heard your ripples splashing on the shore
I thought you'd swim half cross the planet for sure
I gather what you give me,
you hand it down the line
you're quiet in the water,
I'm quiet left behind.
No, I'm not alone.
I slip into your ripples,
feel your movements from far away
Sometimes I forget how I got to where I came,
looking back as if the past were there to blame
and it is, only its fading,
but its so solid around your frame.
I can't always feel your arm, but I can feel your heart,
beating through wind and rain.
and when I want to see you,
I can because you're in my dreams. Materializing in the clouds as I drive.
There's too much just now, the sky begins to darken
but you see that I can't control that nature is chaos.
so you come up from the water,
brush the leaves off my face,
and we become a single silhouette near a tree.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home